Thursday, May 25, 2006

Health Checks and Nudity

So we had a roadshow in the office today, promoting Fitness First. I went along cos I get a free green stress ball.



Anyways, they did a bunch of lovely tests on me and I have some numbers for ya:

Peak Flow (lung capacity): 700 – this was off their scale and the best they’ve seen today! Yay, me!
Blood Pressure: 153/78. Top number’s a bit on high side, but could have been affected by the caffeine in the large cup of tea and the coffee I’ve drunk this morning.
Heart Rate: 68. Spot on.
Body Fat: 24.6%. Top end of acceptable. So I’m not tubby. So there!
BMI: 28.4. High. But it doesn’t allow for muscle mass. At all. Despite the girl in there telling me that it did account for muscle mass. Oddly enough, she couldn’t explain how…

So… anyway. I’m doing ok. Just need to get back into the running.

On a slightly different note...

Nude bather cleared of exposure

A district nurse has been cleared by a court of indecent exposure after sunbathing naked in her back garden.
Lynett Burgess, 55, from Llandyfriog, near Cardigan in west Wales, was filmed by a "shaken" neighbour in July 2005 and was charged by police.
The prosecution at Cardigan Magistrates Court said Ms Burgess's nude sunbathing was "not normal" behaviour.
But magistrates cleared her, adding that it was accepted she did not intend to "cause harm or distress".
The court heard that Ms Burgess's next-door neighbour Morien Jones, 34, filmed her sunbathing naked and took the video to police.
Father-of-three Mr Jones told magistrates: "I was renovating the back of my home with a local builder when Ms Burgess appeared in her garden.
"She walked back and fore completely naked - I went to get my video camera to record the incident.
"I have been extremely shaken by this. It has been very upsetting and worrying. I don't want to bring up my children in such an environment."
The film was shown to magistrates who were asked to decide whether Ms Burgess had offended anyone...

...Trevor Emberton, chairman of Cardigan magistrates, told her: "You have admitted sunbathing naked from time to time and that this has become a normal pattern.
"We do not accept you intended to cause harm or distress and therefore find you not guilty."

(Nicked from the BBC)

Now, come on. People filming their neighbours sunbathing nude in the privacy of their own back gardens? That's not normal behaviour. I can understand a complaint about someone sunbathing nude in public, but in their own back garden?

"I have been extremely shaken by this. It has been very upsetting and worrying."

What a load of old bollocks. I'm sorry, but there it is!

No comments: