Thursday, November 11, 2004

I've Been Really Bad...

I haven't posted for a couple of weeks now. How can I expect you to get on with your hum-drum lives without getting your regular update from the Land of D?

Well. What have I been up to?

I've ordered my PC from the Banks HCI Scheme. This is the scheme by which an employee hires a pc from their employer and receives, not only a significant discount on the cost of the pc, but also a tax break from the government, 3 years on-site service and so on. Check out the government's site about it here. It's gonna be great.

I've ordered a jabra bluetooth headset for my P900 from Amazon. That too, will be cool.

As will the light gun I've ordered for the PS2 from Ebay. If it ever turns up. I won it on the 27th October and paid by paypal, but the guy selling it hasn't claimed the paypal payment and hasn't replied to any of my e-mails. I'm sure there's a good reason (there had better be) but I'm getting worried that my light-gun goodness may be curtailed.

All is not lost, however as I have got hold of Grand Theft Auto San Andreas for my PS2. Hours and hours of overly violent joy! And a cool multiplayer option.

Vic's phone is up for renewal this weekend. I've been trying to push an Orange SPV her way, but she's settled for an Ericsson K700i. Which is fine. looks like a good phone.

Now that I've finished telling you all about the materialistic aspects of my life, I can get down to real things:

Poor old Vic had to spend 2 days in London this week. Overnight stay in a hotel in Kensington. Fortunately despite the nasty crash up near Reading last weekend there were no significant delays there or back, although she found out afterwards that 2 of her colleagues were coming home on the train after hers and were delayed by 5 hours due to a signalling fault. Lucky escape there, I think.

I was a bit annoyed yesterday at around 11am. It was, as you may or may not know, Armistice Day (or Poppy Day) and the UK has a 2 minute silence at 11 o'clock. Now I was in a team meeting at 10am and mentioned this to my colleagues. Unfortunately when 11 o'clock came round, the boss was nattering away, almost everyone else in the office carried on as normal and one bloke was wandering around having a whistle.

Well we have to batten down the hatches this evening as Mum and Dad are coming over for the day. I'm not entirely sure whether we will survice, so this may be my last ever post...

No comments: