Monday, July 04, 2005

War of the Worlds

The visuals were great. Tom as usual was pretty good. It was a refreshing change to have a protagonist who wasn't heroic at all - only interested in his own and his family's survival.

Speilberg manages to prove once again that he's one of the best directors in the world, setting us up for the money shot as the first tripod bursts out of the ground and starts zapping people. Pretty amazing sfx right there!

It was nice that they didn't feel the need to explain everything in painful detail. I knew everything I needed to know and inferred the rest. I realise there are people out there who need this stuff rammed down their throat, but most of the time it's unneccessary and wastes valuable screen-time.

Overall, I was a little bit disappointed though. Visuals aside, I don't think there's enough meat on it to stand up to repeated viewing. Ho hum.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Its such as you learn my thoughts! You appear to grasp so much about
this, like you wrote the book in it or something. I feel that you
can do with a few percent to power the message house a bit, however instead of that, that is excellent blog.

A great read. I'll certainly be back.

Here is my homepage ... http://ukhuwah.bemfkunsyiah.net/index.php?do=/blog/496/was-jeder-spieler-wissen-und-beachten-sollte/