Monday, November 12, 2007

What's wrong with people?

I'm just...stunned.

I picked up an audioboook copy of Bill Bryson's Short History of Nearly Everything a few weeks ago from Waterstones for £18. Having listened to it, I stuck it on eBay. Yesterday evening, the bidding on it went up to £35. This is despite putting in the description 'This cost almost £20 new'. I was expecting about a tenner. Now I've almost doubled my money.

Checked my listings this morning to see how they'd ended. Bryson didn't go up any more, however the Mario Party 8 which was at £20 last time I looked had shot up to £30. That's... um... a fiver more than they could have got it from an Amazon seller and about £2 more than amazon are selling it new.

It wasn't that long ago that I flogged the PC version of the first Halo game for abut £18 on eBay. I'd paid less than a tenner for it on Amazon a few months beforehand.

I'm obviously on a roll. I'm gonna try flogging some of my old socks... or maybe some bread crusts...

No comments: