Monday, November 24, 2008

Oh my...

Here's a sordid little tale that's worthy of preservation. I came across it through a post on another forum...


Pictures automatically attach to e-mail?

Susan042764
Posts: 2
Registered: Nov 11, 2008


Please help! I took my husband's i-phone and found a raunchy picture of him attached to an e-mail to a woman in his sent e-mail file (a Yahoo account). When I approached him about this (I think that he is cheating on me) he admitted that he took the picture but says that he never sent it to anyone. He claims that he went to the Genius Bar at the local Apple store and they told him that it is an i-phone glitch: that photos sometimes automatically attach themselves to an e-mail address and appear in the sent folder, even though no e-mail was ever sent. Has anyone ever heard of this happening? The future of my marriage depends on this answer!

Tamara
Posts: 8,106
Registered: Nov 26, 2002


Images don't automatically attach to emails.
I hope you and your husband can work things out though.

Allan Sampson
Posts: 31,752
Registered: May 12, 2003


I have never heard of such a glitch.
An email will not be in an account's Sent mailbox unless the message was successfully sent, and an email with a photo attached cannot be created by itself and sent without user interaction.

Blah blah blah - a bunch of posts that mostly say that the glitch doesn't exist. And then this:


erikislame
Posts: 5
Registered: Jul 3, 2007


Susan, it's most DEFINITELY a glitch. I've had it happen several times on my phone, as have my coworkers who use iPhones.
The reason the answers here have been so skeptical is just how rare photo use is with the iPhone, as well as the apps installed on the phone that would cause this. It has to be under very UNUSUAL circumstances that it can happen--yet it can and does frequently.
Please ignore any of the "troll" answers you're getting causing you grief. (You can find a definition of troll at www.urbandictionary.com )
Hopefully, this bug will be resolved in the next firmware update.

Judgement
Posts: 1
Registered: Nov 14, 2008


This has definitely happened to me a couple times too. At first I thought it was just accidental with the phone being in my pocket and just jumping around, but since the first two times I have made sure I have locked it.
I don't really know how to fix it but its starting to worry me. My phone has already sent pictures to the girl I like, my grandmother as well as a buddy of mine. Thankfully none of them have been too ranchy.

lythic
Posts: 1
Registered: Nov 14, 2008


... and erikislame and Judgement are both your husband! Note that Judgement is a new user who registered just to respond to you.
The iPhone does not have this bug. Ditch the creep.


And from there on, it's all about 'ditching the creep'! The best post is this one:


dedhero0
Posts: 1
Registered: Nov 14, 2008

I think your marriage has a glitch.

While the events themselves are quite sad, I did enjoy hubby's lame attempt to convince his wife otherwise.

No comments: