Friday, June 17, 2005

Bloodletting 2: Bigger, Badder and Bloodier

Oh yeah. It was Bloodletting day today. I actually haven't donated blood since last September 'cos I keep forgetting. I am a bad man!

Anyway - it was a very traumatic experience this time round. After donating the alloted quantity of Dazza Juice (apparently they take 470 ml - just a touch less than a can of coke), they patched me up and sent me off for my cup of tea.

Whereupon, I started bleeding profusely.

Sadly, engrossed as I was in my tea, it took a minute or two for me to notice the spreading stain on my t-shirt, so by the time I got the attention of one of the attending nurses, it all looked somewhat catastrophic!

Still. Lots of tissue later, it all looked hunky dory, and I was about to return to my much deserved cuppa when it all started up again. This time they weren't taking any chances. I now have the most enormous lump of gauze strapped to my arm with industrial strength surgical tape! I ain't looking forward to tearing that off, I can tall ya.

I am apparently, a re-bleeder.



Sadly, it seems I cannot draw hands. Lucky, really that I don't have to draw stuff for a living.

No comments: