Saturday, February 24, 2007

Numbness

So this morning I was roused from the cosy depths of my bed by the postman rapping on the door. Struggling downstairs (fortunately remembering to put on my dressing hown as I did so, I opened the door to be presented with a small package and a request for a signature.

The postman handed me a form and a pen. Which I promptly dropped. I had, you see, been sleeping on my arm and it was completely and utterly numb from the elbow down. I had exactly no control over my fingers and therefore couldn't grip a bloody thing.

So, bending down to try and pick up the form and the pen, we quickly established that feeling had not returned to my arm and the poor postman not only had to pick up the stuff for me, but then had to wait while I gave my arm a good shake until the feeling returned and I was able to scrawl my name on the form.

It would have been embarrasing, only I was half asleep.

No comments: