Friday, February 02, 2007

I'm not coming in today...

Now, this might be a totally unjustified rant, so please just let me know If I should just shut up.

My boss didn't come into work yesterday. The reason that he didn't come into work can be boiled down to a very simple reason: He didn't want to drive a Nissan Micra.

The story goes something like this: The Boss was driving along in his shiny, shiny Merc when he was rearended by a bus. Nothing too serious - in fact the only damage was cosmetic. So about a week later, a man from the garage was due to pick up his car to have bent bits straightened and broken bits mended. In exchange for his slighly mangled Merc, he was to receive a courtesy car for a couple of days.

The problem with this arrangement was that when the courtesy car arrived... it was a Nissan Micra.

"I'm not driving a Nissan Micra," said the Boss.

"I'm sorry sir, that's all we've got," said the Man From The Garage.

"Well I'm not driving it," said the Boss. "Take it away!"

And they did. Which left the Boss with no courtesy car with which to drive to work. So what all this boils down to is that my Boss is too much of a Mecedes snob to drive a little japanese car for day.The question I put to you, the jury, for your consideration is this: Was he right to skive on this basis?And also... would you drive a Nissan Micra?

No comments: