Thursday, May 10, 2007

Sir Patrick Moore

I think you'll all agree that Sir Patrick is very cool. Far cooler than he has any right to be, given that he's older than Yoda and bigger than a double decker bus!

So when he goes on record with such statements as: "The trouble is the BBC now is run by women and it shows soap operas, cooking, quizzes, kitchen-sink plays." or "I used to watch Doctor Who and Star Trek, but they went PC - making women commanders, that kind of thing. I stopped watching." or saying that he would "rather be dead in a ditch" than appear on Celebrity Big Brother; one cannot help but sit up and take notice!

Whether or not I agree with his views, he is now officially one of my heroes for his stand against political correctness! Yay!

And TV is mostly pants nowadays. So he has a point there!

The comments for this story are pretty entertaining as well. I quote for your amusement:

"i belive patrick more is being sexiest..."

"Hear, Hear, Sir Patrick. Two channels that's what we need. I look forward to watching programmes on Broadcasting By Clarkson!"

"Patrick Moore and Boris Johnson should run the country!"

No comments: