Sunday, January 08, 2012

The Curry Police

We're a week into the New Year and I've only had one curry.

I was going to have one last night, but my curry date didn't show and I ended up having a drink with a strange man in the pub.  Then I had a sausage roll which, contrary to popular belief is not as good as having a curry.

This post, however is being written just a couple of hours before I'm due to go out and meet some of my excellent friends for  what should have been my third curry of the year.  I'm fairly sure this lot will show.

Now that first curry was a pretty disappointing affair.  While it was tasty enough, the meat-to-sauce ratio was unacceptably low. I have a handy little chart that you can cut out and keep in you pocket to show curry house owners, to clarify this issue:
As we returned home from the takeaway with that disappointing curry on Wednesday evening, we passed a car that had been pulled over by the police. Dr K made a passing comment that might just stick with me until the end of my days:

"Look," she said. "It's the Curry Police,"

It's a chilling concept, isn't it?

The Curry Police. Just typing it sends an unpleasant little shiver down my spine. I can just picture being pulled over...


No comments: