Friday, December 10, 2004

Christmas Do #1

Ahh. Last night I had the pleasure of attending my first Christmas Do of the year. And it wasn't bad! I hired a tux for the evening (probably the first time I've EVER worn one) and managed to persuade a good proportion of the other guys in the office to do the same. And I have pictures (albeit pretty awful ones - look, I don't get my new digital camera until AFTER Christmas, ok!):


Obviously, being the immature little tyke that I am, it was neccessary to force Vic to take pictures of me in a James Bond pose:


Damn, I look good!

For dinnder, I was wedged between one of the Senior Managers and my Head Of, both of whom were resonably entertaining. For some reason, everybody else were desperate to avoid sitting with anyone remotely resembling a boss, but my attitude is that these are the guys I need to get on with if I want a pay-rise or promotion. So where's the problem?

At one point, my bosses boss and the Head Of tried to physically drag me from my chair to the dance floor. I used a secret technique to dissuade them - one that I'm unable to reveal here. Oh... alright then. I said no. To my Head Of. Unheard of, I know, but there we have it!

Unfortunately I had to leave at 11 because I had to attand the half-yearly conference in the morning and needed to be resonably coherent.

With regards to the conference... it's amazinbg how many people sit in silence during break-out groups... just in case they're called upon to do any actual thinking. I did plenty and kinda had fun in a conferene break-out group sorta way. Made many good suggestions and, hopefully, some of 'em will get implemented.

Anyways - I had to leave that early as well, as I had to go to a post-funeral service at the church for one of Vic's friends. It was treated as a celebration of her life and went very well. Excellent. And I got fed. Cool.

No comments: