Wednesday, December 01, 2004

The Incredibles

Well Vic announced that she was going to see The Incredibles with some of her work buddies yesterday evening. Although she said it quite matter-of-factly with no apparent malice in the statement, I could tell that secretly, underneath that cool facade she was actully brimming with glee at the fact that she might get to see a cool movie before me.

So, bursting with jealousy I began to plot and scheme - I needed to find some way to foil her diabolical plan. In the end it was quite simple. Get some Henchmen (in this case Stead and Woolie) and head out to the cinema to see it ourselves. That way she wouldn't be one up on me.

Actually it seemed to be going well. It happened that we were going to see exactly the same time showing at the very same venue as the Vicster. Cunning as I am, I made no mention of this to Vic, intending to surprise her at the cinema. Little did I know just how phenomenally sucessful my plan would be.

Upon arriving at the cinema, we sneaked in quietly hoping to arrive unnoticed. We failed - Vic and her cronies were hanging out in the entrance and spotted us straight away. Gunfire was exchanged (actually I just made that bit up) and then Vic dropped the bombshell. Her mates had decided that they couldn't possibly wait an hour to see The Incredibles and decided to see The Forgotten instead. Awwww. What a shame.

So I got to see The Incredibles and Vicky didn't.

He he he he he.

The reason I'm so gleeful is that The Incredibles was the funniest and coolest movie I've seen all year. There was just nothing wrong with it. The story was corny and cool. The heroes were corny and cool. The jokes were corny and cool and the whole thing was just... cool! Cool I tell you.

Did I mention that Vic went to see The Forgotten instead. Apparently it was Ok.

He he he he he.

No comments: