Wednesday, January 05, 2005

A New Arrival

Guess what turned up at my house today. Yes, that’s right. A selection of boxes for the cats to play with.




There happened to be a bunch of computer stuff in there, which was an unexpected bonus. Quite a good one too – here’s the spec:


Intel Pentium 4 3.2GHz processor (800fsb/1MB cache)
Microsoft® Windows® XP Home Edition
1GB memory
200GB hard disk drive
16x Dual Layer DVD-RW
ATI Radeon 9800 Platinum 128MB graphics
17" LCD monitor (DVI)
P5800 speakers
Cordless keyboard and optical mouse
Modem

Yes, that’s right. A gig of Ram. That’s more Ram than a Welshman would know what to do with. It’s nothing short of Glorious. Glorious, I tell you.

The best thing, of course is that the computer didn’t cost me a penny. Taking advantage of the government’s HCI initiative, and my employer’s fantastic benefits trading scheme, I was able to trade in a weeks holiday in exchange for the PC. Woohoo.

Only thing is… I’m having trouble configuring the network card, so I can’t get online with it at the moment. I may have to install the one from my old computer.

No comments: