Friday, November 18, 2005

My Exploding Dinner

I had curry for my tea last night. That doesn't seem like an interesting thing to write about, but an odd thing happened while I was preparing it. It exploded.

It was one of those microwave ready meals. I've been pretty lazy on my holiday and have been eating oodles of what can only be descibed as crap. Anyway, I followed the instructions exactly. To the letter. Honest.

Peirce film lid. For minutes on high. Peel back lid. Stir. Recover. 4 more minutes on high.

It was during the '4 more minutes' that I discovered that one of the ingredients that they neglected to tell me about was the 400 punds of TNT that seemed to have been mixed into the madras sauce. I stepped into the other room for a moment and heard a muffled 'poom'. On rushing back into the kitchen, I discovered that about 50% of my dinner was splattered over the inside of the microwave.

I ate the other 50%.

No comments: