Friday, September 10, 2004

Blood

It was Bloodletting Day today. I managed to persuade Stead to come with me to the Blood Donor session. He's never been before and seemed quite jittery about the whole thing - which was odd - I've only ever seen Stead jittery once before and it was when he'd had a threat on his life, which is hardly the same thing as donating blood. Well... Ok there's blood loss involved in both situations, but I hardly think it's comparable, is it.

Anyway - Stead was less than impressed by the whole thing. His biggest worry was that he would be unable to play the drums on Sunday as his arm might hurt too much. Wuss.

After I failed to warn him about the finger pricking bit (where they jab you with a pricking thing and test your blood for iron) he suggested that perhaps I would be better off running for my life. Then, when he was lying on the bed, donating, he kept mouthing over to me "You're Dead" and such like. Fortunately he's such a wimp, I don't need to worry about these things!

Personally, I was extremely put out because they decided to withdaw their quota from my right arm. Now, I am a left arm donor. I've always had it from my left arm. So when they take it from my right arm, the concern is that I will become unbalanced (well more so than normal, anyway). And the nurse cocked it up and had to stick me twice with her lovely 2 mil needle. The bruise is quite impressive.

Well there we go. I'm hoping Stead'll post a few words on the JDBB so I can steal 'em and post them here. After all the bluster, it might be intersting to see what he really thought of the experience.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Frankly it sucks - Im not doing it again - Im not a wuss i just dont like needles - why would that be? take a good look at YOUR arm Numb nuts - yes.... mine was OK though! ha ha ha..... ehum....