Friday, September 24, 2004

I'm Gonna Be Rich!

Oh yes. you are reading the blog of a man who's gonna be so rich, Bill Gates'll be coming round to scrounged a tenner! For one glorious afternoon, I'm gonna have more money than the Bush Dynasty.

Well... ok... that may be a bit of an exaggeration - but I'll definitely have more money than that guy who sells the Evening Post outside Debenhams. Won't have it for long though, unfortunately. We've remortgaged in an attempt to consolidate our debts and the surplus cash will be used to pay of car loans, credit cards and so-on. But, boy will I have tons of cash to my name for a few hours!

On a different note, Stead, Woolie, Pedro and I went to see Collateral on Wednesday night (Orange Wednesday - 2 for 1... cool!). It started off slow but got better as it went on. No real surprises, though and Tom Cruise's hair was, frankly, silly. Then I cleverly left my jacket (with my mp3 player still in the pocket) under my seat at the cinema. Very clever, I don't think. What's even better is that I didn't even notice I'd lost it until the following morning as I left for the bus... And couldn't find my jacket! Duh!

To make my evening even better (although admittedly I didn't know it was going badly at that point), when I got home, I found that the laptop was knackered. No problem, I thought. There's nothing important on hard disk - I'll just format it and reinstall windows using the 3 handy reload disk provided by the retailer! Easy Peasy. Easy, that is until I discovered that the second of the 3 disks was knackered. D'oh!

Never mind. Stead has a gig tonight - his first in a few years. Vic and I will be attending (I think I'm being drafted into some heavy lifting beforehand - damn my compulsive volunteering) and I'll post an update tomorrow.

No comments: