Thursday, September 30, 2004

Job Application

Today I applied for a new job. While I have nothing in particular against the job i do now, this newone appears to be the very same job for Internal Audit instead of Group Operations. As such, it's a band higher and therefore comes with a significant salary increase and best of all, a company car. For doing the same job.

I'd been given the heads-up about it a week or so ago and it appeared on the internal job board on the company's intranet yesterday morning. Since the closing date is Monday and I'm on holiday tomorrow and Monday, it was a case of getting the app in asap. So I have.

Now the fly in the ointment is this: The guy in charge of the department has phoned one of my colleagues and pretty much told her to apply. They've met once or twice before and he was impressed with her skills. But saying that, I can match her skill for skill, so I'm sure that I won't be too disadvantaged. The guy also mentioned, sort of in passing that he was hoping to get 2 positions rather than just the one advertised.

Fingers crossed...

No comments: