Thursday, December 08, 2011

The Dog's Dinner(s)

Today I had two Christmas dinners.

I know, ridiculous, right? But that's just the way I roll, baby!

See, it's a tradition every year that Dr K's office Christmas party falls on the same day as my office Christmas party.

No one knows why or how this happens. It simply appears to be a law of physics that two independently organised parties will occur on the same day. It's equally possible that it's the handiwork of the Evil Canal of Evil, but I've seen no evidence to support this.

The itinerary usually goes something like this:

3pm: Dazza quits the office and goes to a venue in Bristol to scoff a roast dinner.

4:30pm Dazza finishes dinner.

5:30pm: Dazza leaves the party early and engages in a madcap dash home in order to...

7:30pm: Arrive at Dr K's party.

8pm: Dazza does more eating.

Today didn't vary too much from the usual format.

I suppose the important thing is... FREE FOOD!

One last thing: this evening I was sat opposite a woman with a dog anus on her necklace. It was kinda mesmerising.

I should explain. It was probably not intended to look like the arse of a dog. It was probably actually supposed to look like a crown with a pink jewel in it. Something like this:


Now, if you were to flip it over, it would look more like this:


It's only a short leap for a brain like mine, to imagine where the head and tail are supposed to be. Et voila:


That's it. The end.

1 comment:

The Gruffalo said...

Nobody likes an evil canal, it's true.