Friday, December 23, 2011

The Relative Horribleness Of Foreign Sweets #23: Morocco

I bet you thought that I'd given up on my mission to eat the world's sweets.

Well you were wrong.  I just hadn't persuaded any of my flunkies to get off their lazy arses and visit a new country for me.


What you see here are sweets from Morocco.  My younger brother visited with his girlfriend a couple of weeks ago.  The spent some days in Marrakesh, a few days on the beach and some more in the mountains, where they saw a goat in a tree and were a little put out that no-one was surprised.

But no-one cares about whether they had a good time or not.  You're here to read about their horrible sweets.  And read about their horrible sweets you will.

The bag on the left in the picture above contained some nutty nougat:

Looks a bit like stones, right?  I was briefly worried that my brother was playing some sort of lithiculinary prank on me, but I soon ascertained that they weren't bits of limestone through the scientific method of... well, putting them in my mouth.

It was okay.  I mean, I've had nougat before and this was definitely it.  If anything, it was bit sweeter than I'm used to.  It's not my favourite sweet.

The other bag was the usual mix of generic chewy and boiled sweets.  They were identical to every other generic bag of chewy and boiled sweets that I've had from around the world and I simply can't be bothered to write about them!

So, all in all, I think Morocco gets a three out of five.

Points for improvement:  maybe consider some sort of chocolate product.  Maybe with peanut butter in.

Here's the updated map:


You'll note that I've included the disputed Western Sahara area, which is administered by Morocco.  This is for no political reason, but rather because it makes  my map look fuller and more colourful.

No comments: