Saturday, December 31, 2011

Well, That Was 2011

Good, wasn't it?

Back at the end of 2010 I was challenged to write a blog post every day for a year.  Well...  actually, it was suggested in passing that I could write down a 'thought of the day'.  I bet the person who suggested it doesn't even remember the conversation.

Anyway, I took up the challenge.  And completed it with flying colours, I think.  No-one ever said that the blog had to be good...

I thought, for my final post of the year, I would have a little retrospective of my favourite posts from the last 12 months.

Remember back in May, when Dexter was caught on CCTV committing murder?  No?  Here it is:


He did a lot of murdering.  Sometimes he tried to leave evidence to suggest that the victims were responsible for their own deaths.


Evil little f*cker, isn't he? And mass murder not his only crime. In April, he was caught red handed drinking from the toilet.  No, wait...  he was caught BLUE handed!


Moving on, I've done a number of useful diagrams:

Remember when I had to make the difference between me and the womenfolk clear?


Or when I had to explain how to use a toilet?


And the Pissy Chart


And there was that incredible diagram that explained why fish curry shouldn't exist.


While we're on the subject of food, the Food Chart was extremely informative:


Remember Veguary?  I've been asked a number of time whether I'll be repeating it in 2012.  I'm undecided.  What do you think?  Science suggests that maybe I shouldn't, as illustrated in this graph:


Back in February I had an important insight into public transport etiquette, which led to the need for this poster:

Meanwhile, in the office there was a controversial debate over the use of the word 'bugger'.  As everyone should know by now, it's very very rude, because it means:

Science established in July that I was far more handsome than Brad, Tom and George.

It also illustrated another of the many differences between men and women:



Then there was the Evil Cabal Of Evil.  It all kicked off in April, when I stole a cheese sandwich from Steve Jobs.

And they started a recruitment drive:


But eventually they had to give up and concede defeat!


In June, there were protests about stuff.  Some of it was quite important!


I went to some lovely places during the year.  Leicester and it's environs.  Chester.  Alton Towers.  Queueland...


After a while, I realised that I should use the awesome power of my blog for good.  So I produced a series of  public information guides:

How to make the most of of staying in a hotel.


Or maybe a useful guide to romance.

And of course some useful tips on how to look after your cat!

And there was so much more, but I've got bore... er... run out of time.

Only one thing left to mention. At the time of writing, my tea count was 2083. Two thousand and eighty three cups of tea in 2011.

Well, it's done now. As of now, I don't have to write a blog post every day.

The good news is that you don't get rid of me that easily, though.  I plan to continue the blog, albeit at a slightly lower rate.  One post a week should do it, I think.

See you next year!

No comments: