Friday, March 25, 2011

A Nice Day... Apart From The Traffic

Well, I did get dressed today.

You've probably surmised from my posts this week that I've been skiving from work. And I really lucked* out with the weather. Look:


This photo was actually taken when we got home from Leicester on Sunday, but the weather has been similarly fantastic all week. It's brilliant. For the first time this year, we can sit out in the sun and... er... drink tea.

Dr K informs me that there are other things one can do in the garden. Something called 'mowing' and something else called 'pruning'. And then there was something about putting wet clothes out there, but that's clearly a stupid idea. They'd get all grassy.


Although I've spent the vast majority of my week off (well, the bits when I wasn't adventuring in the East Midlands, anyway) putting together a music video for Stead (god, I never want to hear that song again), I have taken the occasional opportunity to pop out and enjoy the sun. It would be rude not to. Unfortunately, sometimes the popping out can backfire horribly.

This afternoon, for example, I popped out to the shops for a few minutes and, on the way home, got stuck in a godawful traffic jam on the motorway. It took me two hours to get home. What was particularly annoying was that the vast majority of the delay was within a mile of my house. In fact for the last half an hour or so, I could actually see my house from where I was parked on the motorway.

I shouldn't complain though. Someone was obviously having a far worse day than me.

Steve Jobs for example. I'll tell you why: while I was at the shops, I noticed the enormous queue for iPads outside the Apple store. What caught my attention in particular though, was that the staff were handing out sandwiches to the people in the queue.

Do I even need to tell you what happened next? Here, let Steve and Bill tell it:



Tonight I shall be going out for my slightly delayed birthday tea with all of my favourite people and Stead. Oh yeah, and the Fish Lady.

Dr K just came in wearing a lovely dress and asked me if I would be getting changed out of my scruffy jeans and Batman t-shirt. I hadn't really planned that far ahead yet, but I suppose I'd better go and put my birthday suit on!

(*you probably don't need to know what Sigmund Freud made me mistype here)

No comments: