Sunday, March 20, 2011

And Tat




While stalking the mean streets of Ashby De La Zouch* at the weekend, I saw a shop called 'Bangles And Tat' which made me wonder why they did not go with the somewhat more accurate moniker of 'And Tat' instead. I've never seen a bangle that wasn't tat. They're just shit, pointless bits of decoration. And some people use them as earrings which is even worse.

In lieu of an actual photograph of the offending shop, I present a photo of these two different shops, taken by a friend, which I now shamelessly present here as my own:


I have a sneaking suspicion that the so called 'nice things' sold by the shop on the left are probably actually more tat. Which suggest that the shop next door is full of pure, unprocessed Awesome!

(*which Steve Jobs, apparently, would prefer to be called Ashby De La Douche. If you're reading this, Steve, calling other people a douche doesn't make you less of one!)

Location:Leicester

No comments: