Thursday, March 17, 2011

Cakes That I Have Enjoyed

How much cake is too much cake? A wise woman once said that all the cake is too much cake, but I suspect that she was wrong.

Today I had a lot of cake.

It wasn't my fault. I didn't set out to eat a lot of cake. In fact I didn't plan to eat any cake particularly today, although I had a vague suspicion that there may be a moderate amount of cake in my near future.

Nothing could have prepared me for the mighty deluge of cake that was poured upon me today!

It started at about half past seven when Nicky arrived in the office and handed me a box of Krispy Kreme doughnuts. Mmm... delicious. The box even had my favourite jam and cream filled ones with icing and white chocolate shavings.

Then Hannah the Tooth Princess turned up with a rather awesome Spiderman cake. With a free Spiderman keyring and roll of Spiderman related stickers. Frickin' sweet!

And then one of the dinner ladies found out that it was my birthday tomorrow and sent me a muffin.

And finally, Rachael promised me a birthday cake when I returned from my birthday holiday. So a cake IOU.

Brilliant.

So, yeah, I ate a lot of cake today. It would have been downright rude not to. I've also been on a roller coaster ride of sugar highs and lows which will quite possibly induce type two diabetes in me!

There's still quite a lot left. Wish me luck.

Although in my cakey excitement, I neglected to obtain photographs of my baked confections, here are a few pictures of cakes I have enjoyed in the past:













No comments: