Sunday, August 21, 2011

Caboting


Recently, the Cabot Tower in Bristol was reopened to the public after a few years of repairs. So obviously, Dr K and I had to go up it.

The tower itself isn't particularly tall at 32 meters but because it's on a hill, it's actually 102 meters above sea level. Don't look down!


The view from the top is pretty fantastic. Here's a panoramic photo (almost 360ยบ) I took up there of the mighty city of Bristol If you click on it, you should get a larger version!

If you look closely, you can see the two towers of the Clifton Suspension Bridge all the way over on the right, just left of the little church spire!

While we were out and about, I thought I'd snap a couple more pictures of my favourite places in Bristol.


I've always liked this view of the Wills Memorial Building. Normally you see it photographed from the more picturesque Park Street with it's trendy cafes and boutiquey shops. But this one looks down a slightly manky street of kebab shops. I also like it because it's half way from the car park to the comic shop!


Here's Castle Park. Just minutes away from the bustle of Chavland... er, I mean the shopping centre of Bristol. There are often bikini clad chicks here when it's sunny. Heh heh heh...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

page rank service seo course backlinks building backlinks