Friday, August 26, 2011

A Day Of Wonders

Well, two wonders anyway. It started (kinda) with one and ended with one. There was some stuff in between that varied from quite dull to mildly interesting. But let's start at the beginning...

Firstly, I got up at 2pm. I know that it was 2pm because I was woken up by two men dropping off my new TV which was due to be delivered between 2 and 6pm.

Weirdly, just after they left, there was some sort of glitch in the space/time continuum which set all the clocks back to half past seven in the morning, so basically, the men from Best Buy not only brought me a telly, but six and a half hours!

After a late lunch, which was actually an early breakfast, I set up my new telly, moved the old one to the bedroom and the old bedroom one to the garage (everyone needs a TV in the garage) and played around with the new one's lovely 3D-ness, which was the first wonder.


At tea time, which was actually lunch time, Dr K and I wandered out to a cafe for some lunch and stuck our heads in on my cousin who works in a hairdressers as a dancer. At least that's what she was doing when we turned up!

Then we went home and watched a movie. In 3D. The movie was rubbish, but the 3D was great.

And finally, at teatime, which was actually bed-time, I was too lazy to cook, so popped out to the kebab van in the pouring rain. And that was where I witnessed the second wonder.

It was described on the menu as 'pitta and chips'. And it was. It was a big portion of chips and a bit of sauce all wrapped up in a giant pitta wrap. It looked amazing.


And that was happened to me today. I wonder what tomorrow will bring.

No comments: