Sunday, August 07, 2011

The Relative Horribleness Of Foreign Sweets #10: Finland

Today's foreign treat hails from the land of Finns. I had high hopes from Finland, as I believe they're responsible for the Daim bar.

Unfortunately, the Finnish sweet that I tried for the purposes of this review was not a Daim bar.

It was this lolly.


I knew I was in trouble, when I unwrapped it and found a glossy black ball on the end of my stick. Stories involving glossy black balls on the end of stick never end well.


This particular glossy black ball had a peculiar unphotographable quality to it. I tried to get it in focus for ages, but the camera on my phone just could focus on it. It was almost as if it wasn't there. Or that my phone knew how this was going to end.

Here's how it ended:


Salty Liquorice flavour. Liquorice is fricking horrible. It's one of the most disgusting things I've ever put in my mouth. And I've eaten pepperamis and pot noodles! And this was salty too.

I'm going to say it again, just in case you didn't quite get the concept:

SALTY LIQUORICE!

Ugh.

As a post-script to this revolting little misadventure, I ended up throwing the godawful abomination in the bin after about 3 licks:


I'm sorry, Finland. Unless you can redeem yourself with some sort of caramelly chocolate confection, you're getting the lowest score I can give. -5,000,000 out of 5.

No comments: