Thursday, August 25, 2011

The Use Of Recording Devices Is Forbidden

At the cinema, obviously. You can use all the recording devices you like here.

Anyway, Dr K and I went to the cinema today, to see the Inbetweeners Movie. And that visit to the cinema prompted another notice-based post.

You know how at the beginning of the film they flash up a notice that says you're not allowed to use a camera or other device to record the movie?

Don't my brain and eyes constitute recording device? Are they suggesting that I can be prosecuted if I remember the movie afterwards?

I'm a bit scared of going to the movies now...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it would only be illegal if you could hook up your brain to the internet and upload what you remember of the film. Which would be pretty cool. And probably not very accurate, depending on who had watched the film. Then people could do PhDs on the different ways people remember films. Why doesn't someone invent that?

Unknown said...

I think you just did!