Thursday, May 03, 2012

Irking - Part Five: Your Cock Is Not So Hot

From Flaming Hot Monster Munch and Bombay Badboys to Pepperami Firesticks and supermarket Vindaloos, many products claim to be hot and spicy.

But they're not. Not really. They're kinda vaguely peppery or leave a bit of a tingle on the end of my tongue. But they're not really 'hot' and 'spicy'.

I suppose, if I were a little girl in a pretty gingham dress, clutching my favourite dolly and a bunch of flowers, I might find these foods 'hot and spicy'.



But I'm not. I'm a big, fat, hairy bloke with an enormous beard and a craving for hot and spicy food that is actually hot and spicy and reminds me of this fact the following morning!

Even the curry houses around here seem to have tamed their curries down to a more 'mainstream' level.



Food manufacturers: please stop calling your bland shit 'hot and spicy'. Also, please make me some hot and spicy food.




No comments: