Tuesday, May 15, 2012

The Relative Horribleness Of Foreign Sweets #26: Canada

Today, I'm turning my attention to Canada.
Here, I have a Big Turk and and Eat More, both of which enjoy very functional packaging.  No cartoon characters.  No pictures of Turks or...  er... eating.  Just the name of the sweet in big letters.  Canada doesn't muck around, it seems.
Contrary to expectations, Big Turk was not in fact a large, hairy man from Turkey who wanted me sit in a steamy room clad only in a little white towel.

It was, in fact, chocolate flavoured Turkish delight.  You can't get much better than that.  I mean you can get better.  Just not much better.

I was very pleased.  It was delicious.  So delicious, that I only saved Dr K a very tiny bit at the end!  Yum.

Eat More looks quite a lot like sawdusty turd, but it's actually pretty tasty.  It a sort of gooey brown...  er...  goo with nuts in it.

I liked it, although not as much as Big Turk.  And I'll take a Snickers over it any day.

I have to admit that I was a little put off by the packaging on this one.  It felt a little too bossy for my tastes and, indeed after I'd sampled it, I decided to rebel and not eat any more at all. Dr K polished it off though, which just goes to show that you can polish off a turd.

Canada did well, scoring 4.5 out of 5 and getting itself a nice solid GREEN!  Big Turk For The Win!



No comments: