Thursday, May 17, 2012

The Relative Horribleness Of Foreign Sweets #28: Cyprus

Now Cyprus is a tricky issue.  It's a bit Greek and a bit Turkish and therefore may not actually warrant an entry of it's own.  But I'm trying to string this out 'til the end of the week, and so I have decided that it qualifies!

 What's this?  More Turkish Delight?

Oh, my mistake.  It's Cyprus Delight.  You know, the traditional taste from Cyprus.  Not to be mistaken for the identical, but obviously entirely different Greek Delight from Greece and Turkish Delight from Turkey.
Upon opening the box, I discovered that presentation was not one of the strong points when it came to confectionery from Cyprus.  It looks a little like someone had a really heavy cold today.  Shortly thereafter, I discovered that taking photographs in focus was not one of my strong points when it came to confectionery from Cyprus.

So, much as I enjoy a bit of Turk...  er... Cyprus Delight, they lose a couple of points for copycatting the copycats and get a 3 out of five, which means that they're Amber too.

No comments: