Friday, May 04, 2012

Irking - Part Six: Indicockters

Picture the scene:

It is a beautiful, sunny day and I'm driving merrily down the motorway on my way home from work, looking forward to a delightful bank holiday weekend with the lovely Dr K.

A car shoots past me on the outside lane and, because the driver wants to take the exit just a hundred yards ahead and absolutely has to do it in front of me, he cuts me up. And half-way through his heroically stupid manoeuvre, he indicates.


Not before his heroically stupid manoeuvre, thereby giving me a chance to anticipate his idiocy. Half way through it.

I already know you're cutting me up, you berk.

Indicating at this late stage is fricking pointless as I'm far more concerned with slamming my brakes on so I don't die horribly in the accident that you seem desperate to cause.

The lesson for today... indicators do not make you invincible. Nor do they make your heroically stupid manoeuvres okay.



No comments: