Sunday, May 20, 2012

Lego Sunday

Hah!  See what I did there?

I made the word 'Sunday' out of Lego.  Because the post is called 'Lego Sunday'.  It's dry, post modern, ironic humour.  Or...  er...  something.

I suppose you're wondering why I might do something as crazy like naming a blog post 'Lego Sunday'.

Read on, and you might find out.

Today I went to Legoland.  See, you didn't have to read on very far to find out, did you?

I may have mentioned in the past how much I love Lego.  It's singularly* brilliant.  Dr K bought me a Lego Milennium Falcon for my birthday.

Anyway, back to Legoland.  Here are some pictures:
Oh no!  It's a big lego dinosaur come to eat me alive!

Who needs a zoo?  Lego elephants are way cooler than real elephants!

I resisted the temptation to look up his skirt.  I was afraid that I'd see a giant lego willy!

Yarr!

Shuttle!

What's that you said about my good lady, sir?  I challenge you to a duel!  Have at thee!
(Plastic swords can hurt if you get slapped in the face with one.)

Oh no!  I got eaten by a shark!  Fortunately, I'm not very palatable.

Kaz dwarfs bits of London.

Kaz and I try out the throne in Atlantis.   Not enough melted swords for my taste.  A throne just isn't a throne if there isn't a chance that you'll accidentally stab yourself in the bum!

Oh yeah.  And they might have had a little Star Wars exhibit on...
Fancy a drink?  There's always a little cantina around the corner!

This was the droid I was looking for!

I wonder if there's good skiing to be had on Hoth.

Endor is a nice holiday destination, too.  Lush forests.  Certain death at the hand of the Imperial army!

 The Millennium Falcon is so damn cool!

We were kind enough to allow the Dark Lord of the Sith to be photographed with us.  When you're as famous as Dr K and me, you have to make these concessions to the little people!

That was my day at Legoland.  It was awesome.

Afterwards, I was inspired to go home and build my Millennium Falcon, which has been waiting for the dining room table to become free.  Here's an epic high speed video!



( * 'Singularly'.  Because the word is 'Lego'.  And the plural of 'Lego' is also 'Lego'.  No 'S' on the end.  Unless you're the sort of dumbass who says 'sheeps' or 'deers' or 'doughnuts'...  no wait... )

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I can't add enough awesome to this post.

Anonymous said...

Those are some blunt teeth on that shark! Impressed by your focus on the lego building :) It looked like only one loo break despite all that tea!