Sunday, May 13, 2012

The Relative Horribleness Of Foreign Sweets #24: Japan Redux

It's been a while since I reviewed some horrible foreign sweets, hasn't it?

Well, this week I have loads to review, so you're getting a review a day until they're all gone.  This will be a very intense burst of horrible sweetness.  This much horrible sweetness in such a short period is potentially harmful.  I do a dangerous job.  You should be grateful that I have taken on the responsibility so you don;t have to.  Grateful, I say.

Anyway...  today I will be sampling some more of Japan's offerings.

You may recall that Japan previously got an Amber rating due to the mediocrity of the sweets that I sampled.  I wonder if they'll be able to nudge it up into the Green?



Well, I have two sweets here, so they have two chances to get promoted.  Lets hope they don't screw it up by say, making one of them tomato flavoured.

Oh no!

It was, quite honestly one of the most horrible things I've ever put in my mouth.  And I've put some pretty horrible things in my mouth - fish and licorice to name a couple.  This was definitely up there with those.

The yellow sweet was pineapple flavoured and not offensive at all. But the damage has been done, Japan.  You are being relegated to RED until such time as you can redeem yourself with something so awesomely delicious that I simply can't deny you a green!

Who's going to be next?

Tune in tomorrow to find out!

No comments: