Sunday, April 10, 2011

Another Fish Supper

Before I start, I should clarify that I did not eat fish for my supper and in fact, the meal that features in this post is not, in fact, supper in anything other than the loosest sense.

I have in fact created a blog post title that completely misleads you with regards to the content of the post. Even the word 'another' is a lie, because I have never had fish for supper.

I'm not sorry.

This post is actually about a Chinese meal that snuck up on me today. The fish referred to in the title is actually the Fish Lady, who was not nearly as sneaky as the sneaky Chinese meal. I'm not sure she was capable of doing any sneaking at all, given that she had caused her knee to explode the other day by running up a mountain. Running up a mountain? Who even does that?



A sober warning, I think you'll agree, of the dangers of running up mountains.

Anyway, that's off topic.

I went to Chipping Sodbury this evening because Mr Berry was playing at some sort of charity gig and I felt duty bound to provide mildly disinterested support. I was not entirely successful at this endeavour as his band went in for their one hour set about half an hour early and were asked to stop playing before their hour was up. I'm unsure whether the cease and desist order was related to the quality of their music.

The upshot of this was that we only had to hang around the pub for about twenty minutes.

Following the music segment of the evening, Mr Berry declared that he was hungry and, by coincidence, so was I, having failed to consume the regulation quantity of cake today. Dr K and the Decidedly Unsneaky Fish Lady, who were also present, did not appear to completely share our enthusiasm for food, but were willing to go along for the ride.

So we walked (most of us, anyway - those members of our party with exploded knees sort of hobbled) to the nearest Chinese restaurant and... well... had Chinese food.

Mmm...

Two important things were learnt during the course of our conversation over dinner:

1. Crispy chilli shredded beef looks like Nic Nacs.

2. If you want to upset a Polish person, swear at them in German!


No comments: