Saturday, April 02, 2011

How Far Would You Go For A Curry?

What would you say if someone phoned you up and said 'Hey, let's go for a curry!'

Obviously, because curry is awesome, you're gonna say 'Yes'.

Now imagine that the curry in question is 10 miles away. Or 20. The average person would probably start to consider fuel cost and the time it would take to get there and back.

Okay... How about 30 or 40? I'm thinking most people would start to back away from the whole curry idea, while 60 or 80 miles would be right out.

Let me show you a graph:



The blue line represents the average, normal, well adjusted person's desire for curry plotted against their distance from said curry.

The red line, on the other hand, is me.

You will note that I start out far more eager for curry than the aforementioned average, normal, well adjusted person. As the average, normal well adjusted person becomes less inclined to travel for curry, my eagerness remains a universal constant.

The reason I bring this up is that I am going out for a curry tonight. That curry is approximately 104 miles away. And I still think that's worth it.


(As a point of interest, I've set this post to auto publish at the exact moment that I'm due to meet for the curry. Let's hope my date turns up this time!)

No comments: