Saturday, April 23, 2011

Bedtime Is Complicated

You don't really think of going to bed as a complicated enterprise, but for me it always seems to be overly difficult.

Before heading off to bed I have to make sure the external doors are locked, all the downstairs doors are shut, all the lights are off, the cats are fed and watered, my phone is on charge, I've posted my blog and that Dr K and I have our bedtime cuppas.

Not a massive list of chores, you're probably thinking, but because I'm the king of procrastinators, I can guarantee you that I've left every single one of those things until the last possible moment, which means that as I'm closing those doors with my foot and switching off the light with my elbow, I have two cups of tea in one and, two bowls of cat food in the other, my iPad tucked under one arm maybe a book or magazine under the other and I'm holding onto my phone with my teeth. Also, the cats are more often than not trying to kill me by getting underfoot. Wankers.

No comments: