Thursday, September 08, 2011

Chatsworth

Today we took my mother to Chatsworth house, because that's the sort of thing mothers like to do.

While she sat in the cafe with her copy of Woman's Weekly, we all went off and explored the gardens which were full of jolly interesting stuff and things!


Here's the big Emperor Fountain. Legend has it that the eponymous emperor lies just under the water and pees straight up into the air. Nothing wrong with his prostate then!


This is a picture of me looking rather dashing. Oh, and there's a bit of landscape behind me. But who cares about that? I'm in the picture and let's face it, you can't take your eyes off me!


There were quite a lot of bums in the garden. Here is one of them. And he's pointing at a statue.


Here's Dr K looking very tiny. I believe that the bust on top of the column is Brent Spiner who played Data in Star Trek The Next Generation, although I can't be sure.


Here is another photo of Dr K. This time she's next to a very large urn. It's very large. We suspect it contains the ashes of Big Daddy, who was also very large.


This wee beastie was prowling around the gardens. I snuck up behind it and stuck a 'kick me' sign on it's bottom before it spotted and ate me. I got better, though.


Here is a picture of me looking very handsome on top of a picturesque archway in the gardens.


Unfortunately, shortly after the archway, Dr K and I got separated for an hour or so and she had the camera. So I had to draw this picture from memory. I think you'll agree that it is uncannily realistic!

Tomorrow's mission is to find me a cream tea. Yum.

No comments: