Thursday, September 29, 2011

The Speed Of Smell

I can't claim credit for this concept. Dr K came up with it last night when we were lying in bed discussing farts.

Yeah, I know, there are much better things we should be doing in bed than discussing farts. Drinking tea, for one. Sleeping is another. I can't really think of anything else right now.

Back to the farts.

Don't you think it's kinda weird how farts spread at different speeds? I mean, I've guffed in bed and the smell hasn't reached Dr K's nose for a few minutes. Other tines, I've guffed in the en suite and the smell beats me back to the bed.

I'm pretty sure if we can unlock the secrets of the speed of smell, we'll have solved one of the greatest mysteries known to man.

I shall work on this and get back to you. I'm calling it my General Bumified Theory of Really Farty.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you ever farted in a sauna? They don't smell! Saunas are filled with anti-fart gas! Amazing!!!

Unknown said...

That really is amazing. Next time I need to fart, I shall go find a sauna.

Oops. Too late. Maybe next time.

Oops. Or the next time...

Have you noticed that farts get really smelly, really quickly in the shower?

Anonymous said...

Yes, as they do in the bath. When I was little, we used to have these plastic stacking cups to play with in the bath. I used to invert them under the water, catch my farts in them and put it over my sisters face. Occasionally I'd sniff my own. Oh, the fun! I suggest you try it on Dr K?