Friday, September 30, 2011

The Relative Horribleness Of Foreign Sweets #17: Cybertron

You know Cybertron, right?

It's a planet on the other side of the galaxy and is home to giant, warring, transforming robots.

Here's a picture of the planet:





Today, I am reviewing sweets from this delightful holiday spot, supplied by a friend who has, presumably, visited on a holiday. I wonder if there's a toll on the space bridge.





Anyway, the sweets came in a bag that was clearly marked as originating from Autobot territory.





Inside the outer wrapping were two enticing looking packets. One contained fizzy cola bottles and the other a curious looking green sweet.





On closer inspection, the curious looking green sweet turned out to be a dragon. It was hard, so I assume it to be a boiled sweet of some sort.





One of the more curious things about the curious looking green sweet was the fact that it transformed into a robot thing. A rubbish robot thing, but a robot thing, nonetheless!





Sadly, it tasted very plasticky and no matter how hard I sucked, it never got any smaller. In the end I gave up trying to eat it.

I think Cybertronian sweets are best suited to the Transformer palate and not to the casual space-traveller and so, I'm unable to recommend them.

Sorry, Cybertron. You get a 1 out of 5 and a lovely red hue.

Because Cybertron isn't on Earth and can only be accessed through space travel or over a space bridge, I had a little difficulty placing it on the sweet map. In the end, I settled for the highly scientific method of sticking it wherever it would fit!

No comments: