Friday, September 09, 2011

There's No Such Thing As A Free Lunch...

...Although the shreds of plastic wrapping and paper that Dr K found in her lunch meant that she came as close as you ever get! Yum yum. Plastic and paper.

Didn't put her off though and she scoffed her liver and onions and mash and then got a refund!

Also we went to another castle. At least it was called Elvaston Castle, but I'd say it was more of a big house. Sure, it has crenelations, but that doesn't make it a castle in my book.

Judge for yourself. I took a few pictures:









I also took a lovely picture of Dr K looking like a model:


And I finally got my cream tea:


This is important because if I don't get a cream tea then I'm not on holiday.

In fact as this trip involved visiting my brother, spending time with my parents and going out for lunch with Dr K's mum, it could easily have fallen into the 'visiting family' category which, as everyone knows is officially a chore - even if it's fun.

So the cream tea officially changed my visit to the Midlands from a chore to a holiday. Brilliant!

Of course this rule doesn't always work in my favour - remember the Conference I went on in January for work where they served mini cream teas? Well that was officially a holiday. Disappointingly, it wasn't the worst holiday I ever had.

I'm writing this post in the car on the way back home, which means Dr K is utterly thrashing me at the Eddie Stobart game.

I can't wait to sleep in my own bed again.

No comments: