Sunday, September 18, 2011

T1500




We have reached a momentous day. I have drunk 1500 cups of tea in 2011.

Here's a picture of my dad pouring the tea in question:


Once you've got over the predictable 'that's a lot of tea' and' how do you not drown in tea' and 'you must be obsessed with tea' responses, here's a bit of maths for you:

So far, we've had 261 days in 2011. That means I've averaged 5.7 cups of tea a day. Which isn't actually a lot of tea at all in my book.

The average mug of tea is about 250ml. Yeah, I know I have a pint mug at work now, but that's quite a recent development. And when you have a cuppa in a cafe or restaurant, it's usually in a disappointingly small cup.

So, anyway... 250ml x 1500 = 375 litres.

Google tells me that the average bath uses about 80 litres. So I've had four and a half baths worth of tea. I probably could drown in it.

I may be obsessed with tea. It's a distinct possibility. But I'm not sure I'm any more obsessed with tea than my Scottish friends are obsessed with alcohol and casual racism about all things English*. So that's fine too!

( * They were complaining last night that the Fish Lady gets more mentions than them, so I thought I'd get one in! )

No comments: