Saturday, September 17, 2011

The Relative Horribleness Of Foreign Sweets #15: USA

I'm off to a party tonight, so today you get a super-quick review of sweet from the U S of A.

I've had the odd American sweet before and haven't been impressed, so my instructions to the cross-Atlantic traveller who acquired these sweets was simple: 'Don't bring me any of that Hershey's shit!'

I'm pleased to say that he did an excellent job. Look at this little haul!



We have Reeses Pieces, pretzel filled M&Ms and the jewel of the collection, the mighty Twinkie!



Twinkie first! Sadly this Twinkie isn't 35 feet long and weighing approximately 600 pounds. Instead it represents the normal amount of paranormal activity in the New York area.

For this that don't know, Twinkies are cream filled sponge cakes.

Did I say 'cream'? I meant sugar.

Oh, I said 'sponge cake', too. I meant sugar.

Honestly, one of these is enough to give you instant diabetes. Which is to say that I loved it!



Moving on...

The Reeses Pieces were brilliant. Like little peanut butter filled smarties.

The Pretzel M&Ms were not so brilliant. I was pretty nonplussed with those.

So overall, I'm giving the United States of America a solid 4 out of 5.

No comments: