Monday, November 07, 2011

Birdstrike!

Just a short post today. A little anecdote, if you will indulge me.

I was lounging on the sofa this morning, enjoying an episode of Thundercats and a hot cup of tea, when I heard an almighty thud from the kitchen.

It sounded very much as if one of the cats had run full tilt into the patio door. They're both stupid enough to do that sort of thing.

So I went into the kitchen to investigate, only to be confronted with the sight of a stunned kestrel stinging just outside the door, clutching it's breakfast.

It was stunned enough to sit there while I went to find a camera. See:


It recovered quickly enough, though and flew off a few minutes later.

And that is my bird related anecdote for the day. It's not quite as impressive an anecdote as the morning I found a peacock in my back garden, but amusing, nonetheless.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You evidently need some of those bird silhouette stickers on your windows.