Friday, January 07, 2011

It didn't start well...

This morning did not start well.

I arrived at work to find that both of the drinks machines on my floor were knackered. No tea for me until the canteen opened an hour later. You know how I like my tea. Perpetual and uninterrupted. (57, by the way, if anyone cares.)

Next up, I broke my system access. In order to get it restored, I needed one of my workmates to purge me. Problem with that was that no-one else was in. It was 7am, after all.

Fortunately one of them was logged in and working from home. So I sent her a text message.

Unfortunately, I'm a massive idiot and, rather than texting the colleague that was up and working, I texted the one that was not only on holiday and having a lie in but feeling a bit poorly, too (yeah, I pretty much gave everyone I know that flu bug!). So she was pleased about being woken up at 7 o'clock.

On the plus side, we did conclude that wrapping a toad in mustard soaked dock leaves and balancing it on your head whilst soaking your feet in cauliflower juice and rubbing strawberry yoghurt into your chest is as effective a cold remedy as anything else.

So that's good.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your cold remedy reminds me of my favourite Anglo-Saxon cure, from a genuine herbal written a thousand years ago.

'For a headache, tie a goat cheese to the head.'

Good to know medicine is moving on!

PS borrowing my cat's identity...

Unknown said...

I have to confess, I was ripping off a advert I saw on the telly for that. There was a toad on someone's head in it. I made the rest up, though.