Friday, October 21, 2011

Home Baking

I like cake.

I especially like home made cakes. They're (mostly) delicious. Especially when they have 'lemon' and 'drizzle' in the name and are brought into the office for me on Tuesday. Ahem.

Something I don't really like though, is when people bring me home made cake made by their six-year-old kids.

In my experience, children of that age basically pick their noses and scratch their bums 24/7.  This means that any cakes that they make almost certainly have a couple of extra ingredients: Snot and poo.  

I don't want a cake that has been fitted into a routine that basically goes: bum, nose, bum, nose, bum, nose, bum, cake.  

Unfortunately the mums that offer me the snotty poocake made by their six year old sprogs are so blinded by the pride they have for this great juvenile achievement that any attempt to decline the cake is seen as a personal insult.  Quite often, they stand over me and watch me eat their child's bodily excretions.

Yuck.

With that out of the way, I'm making a cake.  Anyone want some?

No comments: