Saturday, October 22, 2011

The Relative Horribleness Of Foreign Sweets #20: Scotland

Today we head up north to the Bonnie highlands of Scotland to see what horrible sweets they have to offer.

And apparently, what they have to offer is something called a 'butter tablet'.
 I'm assured that butter tablet is delicious, especially when it's home-made by one of your mate's mum, and washed down with a lovely mug of tea.
And here it is in it's naked glory.  I had to cut it up into bite sized chunks.  It was really really hard, rather like a brick.

The tea was an excellent idea, because the butter tablet was rather sweet.  And when I say 'rather sweet', I mean sweeter than two hundred and ninety eight sugar cubes compressed into one little bite sized chunk.  Surely, man was never meant to taste this much sweetness all at once!

It really can't be overstated just how sweet this little mofo is.

Well, okay.  It can.  Two hundred and ninety nine sugar cubes compressed into one bite sized chunk may have been slightly sweeter than a Scottish butter tablet.

Fortunately I had my tea to wash away the incredible sweetness.  And anything that gives me an excuse to drink tea gets at least 4 out of 5.

So...  it's a green for Scotland!

No comments: