Tuesday, October 11, 2011

The Relative Horribleness Of Foreign Sweets #19: France

Ahh...  France.  The strange country that lies just south of the British Isles.  Based on my sweet haul so far, it seems to be a really popular holiday destination.

First up are two very similar packages from my brother and my boss respectively:


These are the ubiquitous generic bags of sweets that often come back from overseas vacations.  They're quite nice in and of themselves, but not enough to raise a country's score to the revered green status.  I won't review the individual sweets, except to say that they're a mixture of fruity boiled and chewy sweets with a few 'milky' ones thrown in for good measure.

What really makes France stand out, though, are these gorgeous little beauties:


Nutty chocolate always goes down well.  And when it's the size of a golf ball, it goes down even better!

So...  for it's delicious golf-ball sized chocolates, France gets a solid 5 out of 5 and an emerald hue!


Well done.

I'm slowly getting through my backlog of sweets.  Hopefully, now the summer's over, people will stop going on holiday!

No comments: