Thursday, October 27, 2011

Snotwatch

You can't help but notice that your Facebook feed is almost always littered with people telling you how awful their minor ailments are.

I wouldn't mind if they were serious or interesting ailments, like a prolapsed spine, but I currently have no less than three people with a cold keeping me updated on how ill they are.  So very ill.  There's also one headache and a possible food poisoning victim.  And someone on there has a poorly child that I have to know all about as well.  

I'm not sure why.

Maybe they think I'll run round to their house to get in on the snotty, headachy, pukey action.

Perhaps it's designed to put my own life in perspective.  After all my problems won't seem so bad if I know that someone in Bournemouth is suffering terribly from a runny nose.

When I have a cold, I just...  well, have my cold.  As a rule, I don't try to advertise it to the world.  I just get on with blowing my nose and 

So since, I started showing the symptoms of a cold this morning, I thought I'd keep you up to date with ongoing reports of how my cold is progressing.  That's right - until I've shaken this terrible man-flu, you are going to get a daily SNOTWATCH alert on this blog.

And here is the first one:

Started the day a little sniffly.  Ran out of tissues, so blew my nose with bog roll.  Bog roll just isn't the same as I blew a hole right through it and got snot all over my hand.  I've got progessively snottier throughout the day and now, just before bed-time, I have a mild ache in my sinuses and I'm making soggy papier mache out of every tissue I blow my nose in.  I'm also starting to get a slightly sore throat.

Snotwatch Threat level is AMBER.

No comments: