Sunday, June 05, 2011

Adventures In Hairdressing

It has been a while since my last haircut. It's gone from a smart, although slightly convict-esque grade 2 to an unruly mop. To be fair, it's probably been about six months and you can't expect hair to be anything other than feral after six months of neglect.

Anyway, on a good day, it kinda looked like this:




I think you'll agree that even this is pretty unkempt, but most of the time it was just an unholy mess.




And then on Saturday, in the supermarket, without any influence from me, this happened:




Not the pop tarts. That was all my influence (Dr K made me put most of them back, anyway). The hair.

I spontaneously developed a side parting. One thing led to another and this picture ended up on Facebook and then someone posted the most terrible comment that could be afflicted on a man:

"How much do you look like your dad? Nice hair!"

Oh my god.

Something had to be done.

So my solution was to allow a slightly drunk, Scottish person to take the clippers to my head.

So we started with what appeared to be random hacking:




But it was not as random or hacky as it first appeared. Obviously (and not because of the drunkenness or the Scottishness), it was considered an important part of the hair clipping process to create... er... an artistic vision.









Nice, huh?

Anyway, despite a minor accident somewhere around the back, it all turned out fine in the end and now I look quite a lot like a convict again!




As an added bonus, we persuaded Dr K to create an awesome moustache from my discarded clippings!




Brilliant!

No comments: