Wednesday, June 01, 2011

Dirty Feet

I suffer from dirty feet.

Sometimes it's because I don't wash them. When that happens, they smell bad and there's old sock fluff between my toes. But that's not really what I mean.

I have a weird patch of sort of brown freckly bits on the top of my feet. And a bit on the side. I've had them for as long as I can remember and have never given it much thought.

Look. To help you visualise it, here's a diagram:



Apparently it bugs Dr K. She thinks I'm some sort of freckly footed freak. Which makes a change from her thinking I'm a big nosed, hairy chinned, immature freak.

Anyway, she did a bit of Internet research and came up with a diagnosis. Apparently I suffer from something called Schamburg's Disease. The symptoms are mostly brown and, in really bad cases, itch a little bit. And it's incurable!

I wonder if this terrible affliction would qualify me for some sort of disability benefit. I could really go for a disabled badge, so I can go around parking inconsiderately.

Anyway, now that I have an incurable disease, I don't want you to treat me any differently. Except, you should probably be a little bit nicer than normal - not because of my incurable disease, but because if you're not, I'll show you my icky brown bits!

No comments: